Many clients ask me how to deepen their relationship with home and belonging. These Questions come from my About page. Feel free to download them and take some time to answer them in your own words. You may bring them to our sessions together to explore and deepen your own story as it unfolds.
Questions that arise in reflection on childhood:
- What was my family like when I was born?
- What skills and gifts did I inherit from them and which messages was I also given that I would now like to change?
- Whose land was I born on and what effect did that have on my own identity to grow up on lands that may or may not have been my family's ancestral lands?
- How did the culture of your family or the community around you affect your sense of self growing up?
- Are you in touch with your ancestral culture(s) and were there family stories about those people and places?
- Did you know your grandparents, great grandparents or where your people came from?
- If you were adopted, do you know anything about your birth family or your adoptive family and how has that affected your sense of self?
- Do you spend time in nature, away from the human designed spaces we create?
- Do you have a sense of relationship with the non-human world and how does that feel?
- How does the state of health of our world currently affect you emotionally and spiritually?
- What do you see as your role in creating beauty in your world?
- Are you living in a state of balance and harmony with the environment you live in? If not why?
- Do you feel at home on the land where you rest your head every night?
- Are you impassioned to create in some way that brings you alive?
Questions about the "Inner Journey":
- Where are you in your life on your inner journey?
- What is your sense of meaning, purpose and richness of connection in your life?
- What are you struggling with that brings you to healing work?
- Has your family been impacted by intergenerational trauma through war, systemic oppression, persecution or other forms of cultural and historical trauma?
- What is your relationship with mindfulness or prayer?
- What is your relationship with your mind or thought?
- What is your relationship with your own mental health?
- What kind of resiliency do you already have in place in your life?
- What is your relationship with the greater mystery of life?
- Are you engaged in some kind of life supporting practice that gives your life a deeper sense of belonging?
- What feeds you, body and soul? What do you feed, body and soul?
- In what way is your life and the life of your people a mythic story being told over and over again?
- What voice do you speak to yourself in? Is it kind or punitive?
- Do you feel supported by your family and ancestors to become all you wish to in this life?
- What enlivens your days and feeds your soul outside of commerce and business?
- Do you have a sense of your own resilience?
- How would you next to like to learn, grow and challenge yourself?
- What seeds are you willing to plant, tend and nurture in yourself and your family and community?